Having uncontrollable crying and blank staring. Getting cold frequently and have sweaty hands, swollen eyelid and dryness of the mouth. Cause?

I am going through moments of uncontrollable crying, blank staring, and being really tired. Susceptible to cold and often sweaty hands, swollen eyelid and dryness of the mouth.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I think you are having features of depression. There are some symptoms that are suggestive of other medical conditions. If you can describe your symptoms in detail, I will be better able to help. Also let me know of any relevant past medical history. Certain investigations (like thyroid profile) ordered by your doctor after a physical examination will help in ruling out other etiologies which may cause such problems.

I also suggest you to follow certain life style changes which could be of help.
1. Meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, etc will help.
2. Go for a walk. Recreational exercises will be of use.
3. Play with kids. Listen to music.
4. Get busy with some work which suits you.
5. Try to help some body.... what ever small help you can........ at least once a day.
6. Pray God.
7. Look at the positive things in life.

Sometimes antidepressants as prescribed by your doctor may help.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics