Having unbearable pain in natal cleft region. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i m having bearable pain in natal cleft region what i have to do?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 52 minutes later

You might suffering from coccydynia.

In this there is inflammation of the bony area (tailbone or coccyx) located between the buttocks . The pain is often worsened by sitting.

I advised you to use a well-padded seat when sitting and avoid long periods of sitting when possible.

If the condition becomes severe or persistently troublesome, then you have to consult an orthopaedician nearby to accurately evaluate the cause of the pain.

Rest, avoiding injury to the affected area, antiinflammation and pain medications can relieve symptoms.

Your doctor might consider physical therapy to treat coccydynia. This might include exercise to stretch the ligaments and strengthen the supporting muscles. Modalities such as heat, massage, and ultrasound might also be used.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.