Having unbearable back pain and discomfort while breathing. On pain killer. Any ideas?

Hi, My sis in laws - 29 F , having a back pain,, unable to breadth as it triggers the pain while breadthing,, this is 3.30 am in the morning, no doc around
please help
i went to a nearby hospital, he gave me i think a pain killer paracetamol demol
if possible recommend a medicine
she had mild pain from the past 2 days
tonight it is unbearable
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Decent and well cultured persons are around so you should not express your own inner self so openly I think. The doctors online can give you an idea about your problem and but can not handle an emergency situation.
Your sister in law is having a medical emergency and should be in a hospital, if you do not have one near you then ask for an amulance to transfer her safely.
The causes for such pain is very diverse- most likely
1.a pnemonia and pleurisy 2. muscle strain 3. cholecystitis 4.panceatitis 5 acid peptic disease 4.Acute coronary syndromes 5. Aortic dissection 6.Gut perforation &.Ectopic pregancy to name a few.
To detect the precise cause and to manage further she should get a CBC, RFT, chest Xray, ECG, ECHO, ultrasound abdomen.
Meanwhile to control the pain she can take tablet Ultracet as required.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!