Having ulnar nerve entrapment and mild pain. Took Nerveup OD. Pain persists when medication is stopped. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have this problem of unlar nerve entrapment. The pain is mild. I went to a doctor and he recommended "Nerveup OD" capsules. I take them twice a day. In the morning and after dinner. The thing is that while I keep taking these capsules my elbow is fine and there is no pain, but if I stop taking these capsules the pain comes back after a few days.

My question is, is it ok to take these capsules for long time or should I do something else about it?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue medications. Nerve conduction +/- MRI.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing in,

The cause for nerve conduction study to find the site of entrapment and a MRI to find out what is entrapping the nerve. If it is significant, then just releasing the entrapment will improve your symptoms and help the nerve in speedy recovery.

I think the capsules which you are taking are just neurotonic drugs. These drugs won't cause any harm. They are nothing but vitamins essential for nerves.

Get well soon.