Having type2 diabetes, kidney disease, CHF caused by a bad aortic valve. What is the life expectancy?

My mother has chf caused by a bad aortic valve. She is 85 years old and has type2 diabetes, kidney disease. She is in a nursing home and is on oxygen (3 liters). She can not use her legs and they are very swelled along with her ankles and feet. What is her approximate life expectancy?
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 22 minutes later

I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence and sadness.
There comes a time in our life when we have bow before the wishes of the Almighty and leave ourselves to destiny. I used to hate it but age has made me learn to accept this with humility and equanimity.
I wish I could answer your question. In fact in such situations there is no answer. Scientifically, we should do everything to alleviate pain if she having because of multitude of illnesses, feed her some how so that additional pain is not inflicting on. We can celebrate her achievements and comfort her. I have not seen her she must be one great lady tolerating all you have listed. It is not possible for me to predict expectancy. One it is my personal believe doing so is to insult the Almighty himself and we have been wrong so many time. As profession a doctor on the scene can do a better job. Regards.
Best wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW