Having type 2 diabetes. Could high glucose levels cause severe pain in joints and muscles?

Good afternoon doctor ...

I was in the past diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.I managed to get my glucose readouts to 4 or 5.

Just recently (a couple months) I have been experiencing sever aching joints and muscles which are extremely debilitating I have measured my glucose levels today and they are reading 11.5. Could this cause the aching joints and muscles please?
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can cause

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

Welcome to healthcare magic

After reviewing your case completly I can definately say that your complaints of muscle pain and joint pain is happening due to your raised blood sugars..

It happens in all diabetes patients, but once if you control your sugars properly then automatically all your symptoms will come down...

But can supplement with a course of vitamin b12 and vitamin b6 with folic acid for month so that the rate of neuropathy initiation will decrease but you need to consult your doctor for known allergies and contraindications

Hope information is helpful