Having twinges and sore nipples. Delayed periods and negative pregnancy test. What could be this?

I've been having twinges and sore nipples for a week, sharp pain moving from my anal area upward lasting a few seconds and today a dull ache in the lower left side radiating into my upper thigh. I am 2 days from my expected period and had a negative pregnancy test
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
can be due to pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The symptoms that you are having could be related to pregnancy or a pre menstrual syndrome. The pregnancy test is not likely to be positive as you are not yet overdue for your periods.
It is best to have a mild pain killer like acetaminophen for the relief and wait for 4- 5 days for the periods to be overdue to test your urine again.
For an early diagnosis, you can get your serum beta HCG level tested.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.