Having tummy swelling. Have hungry feeling even after eating. Feel nauseated and lethargic. help?

General Surgeon
I am having a problem with my tummy swelling. It is worse after I eat, but it swollen even hours after eating. I have that hunger feeling even after I've eaten my fill and have gained 10 lbs in the last 6 months. I feel nauseated a bit and have hurt. I have also been extremely lethargic. I am a very active person and have a small build and am really concerned that maybe I'm retaining water-weight or something. Help!
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms seems to indicate thyroid issue (hypothyroidism). You may also be more sensitive to cold, have dry skin, hair loss. Irregular bleeding is also possible.
I suggest you to have it checked at first. To do that, TSH, FT3, FT4 levels should be checked. If this tests will be negative, abdominal ultrasound and stool tests should be next.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.