Having troubled pelvis. Hurts when take step. What can be done to prevent?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I'm having trouble with my pelvis going out at random times. Is there a reason and what can be done to prevent it? Sometimes it hurts so bad when I take a step that it almost puts me on the ground.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Might happen due to an abnormal muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

A mildly shifted hip might happen due to an abnormal muscle spasm or shifting of bone growth plate. Nerve compression at L1-L2 level might cause a shooting pain in lower back, pelvis and groin.

Such pain is often severe. An X-ray and MRI of the affected joint will help in exact diagnosis.

The main treatment of such problem is bed rest along with pain killers and muscle relaxants. Muscle relaxants can help with your symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic. You can get these prescribed from your orthopedician.

Local analgesic gels and hot fomentation may provide a short term relief. You can use analgesic gels like Volini gel. Exercise is not advisable in the times of acute pain.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.