Having trouble in concentrating for more than 10 or 15 minutes. Suggest some medicine

i have tropuble concentrating for more than 10 or 15 minutes, a friend gave me few 10mg blue pills adderal? he has prescription and said i should try it. within 3 days my desk at work was clear papers filed and caught up on email ect... I really flet better and was able to finish tasks. i hate gpoing to the Dr. and who has the time. Im 46 years old and for the first time in forever i feel focused.. am i ADD will adderral help me long term. I only took 1/2 or 5 mg.
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Adderal acts like a brain stimulant and that is why it helped you to complete all the pending files. But it is best to get it prescribed from a physician who after an examination will decide that you are the right candidate for the therapy.
Self medication like this can be harmful too.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.