Having trouble going to bathroom and finger nails are coming off. Do I need a test for ferritin?

for 5 weeks I have been having trouble going to the bathroom, my finger nails have been coming off, I am so very tried all the time, I'm normally up by 6AM but now I sleep to 10 or later and everything I do is a big effort. Do I have low iron? I am physically at the end of the rope. What is up with me. I'm normally full of spit fire and I go all the time. I need to know what is going on with me. Do I need a test for ferritin
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 26 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your queries.

I would need your medication and serum glucose test histories for your type 1 dm to answer you entirely.

Fatigue is one sure sign of hypoglycemia. And your urinary issue also can be correlated with diabetes especially if long standing.

Iron testing profile is a possibility but will come in second to above.

Looking forward.