Having total cholesterol level of 182 and Triglyceride level of 263. Matter of concern?

Excellent

Question
My husband is 32 yrs old and Has a total cholesterol level of 182 and Triglyceride level of 263 he ways 77 kgs and is 5ft.9" tall. Is there a concern? Both parents Diabetic and having BP.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 37 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for sharing your concerns,
I am glad that you are taking care of his health, as he has strong family history of Diabetes and Hypertension.

You have tested his Lipid profile and triglyceride is high (263) and total cholesterol is normal. If you full reports then it is better to scan and upload reports you have such feature in the website.

He is tall and weight is 77 kg, his BMI (Body Mass Index) is > 25 so he is borderline overweight so take care of diet and regular physical exercises.
This level of triglyceride no drug is required. Please repeat Lipid profile after 2 months.

I presume he is not using tobacco (smoking) or alcohol, if yes please stop both completely.

Please follow healthy lifestyle and regular exercises and keeping stress to minimum and periodic medical checkups. Please check his Fasting and postprandial blood sugar and HbA1c twice in a year.

Hope this information is helpful to you and if you have any further query, I will be available for clarification.
With Best Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D

Follow-up: Having total cholesterol level of 182 and Triglyceride level of 263. Matter of concern? 6 days later
His B12 and D3 levels are also in the lower range what should be done

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 23 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for your follow up,

Let me tell you B12 is important vitamin and required for nerves and synthesis of blood Red blood cells (RBC).This may be deficient in pure vegetarian but specific cause should be found if any.

This can be treated by oral or injections to increase the level of this vitamin.
Vitamin D 3 is also very important vitamin and can be supplemented orally giving in tablet or XXXXXXX form sixty thousand units every week for 8 to 10 week than maintenance dose every month.

Please visit a local Physician and take proper prescription.

Hope I am able to address all your concerns, please rate my answer before closing this discussion.
If still you have any doubt, I will be available for clarification.

Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D