Having tonsillitis and kidney infection. Feel faint, get chills and panic feeling. What could be the reason?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I have tonsilitis and kidney infection it makes me feel faint I get chills to and an overwhelming panic feeling what is wrong ??
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Normal reaction to the infection. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. As you have two significant infections at one time, you are likely to feel quite ill. The symptoms you describe are secondary to the infection. I assume you are on antibiotics and they need time to work before you will feel better. I suggest you could try paracetamol as this will reduce any temperature and lessen the likelihood of the chills continuing. I hope this is of help and I wish you a speedy recovery. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA
Follow-up: Having tonsillitis and kidney infection. Feel faint, get chills and panic feeling. What could be the reason? 3 hours later
No i havent be prescribed anything as of yet as they dont know if its tonsilitis/ glandular fever with a water infection ?
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 15 hours later
Brief Answer: You will possibly need antibiotics. Detailed Answer: Hi, Once the diagnosis has been confirmed then you are likely to be prescribed antibiotics for a water infection. You will then start to feel better. Tonsillitis is usually caused by a virus and therefore would not benefit from antibiotics. Glandular fever would also not need antibiotics. These conditions are self-limiting with management aimed at relieving the symptoms such as chills and headaches. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger