Having tonsillitis. On antibiotics. Pain not getting cured and ear started hurting. Looking for solution

hi, i have the tonsillitis it's been 3 days, on the second day i went to the Dr. he gave me pen. antibiotics. I have been on it for about 36 hours. and the pain on my throat is not going away and now my ears are hurting! what can i do.
i'm sucking on popsicles, taking losanges, cold water. advils, tylenol. nothing seems to work.
thank you
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 25 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Neither you should suck lozenges etc., nor drink cold water.

Drug resistance is common.

It will be better, if you can get your throat swab tested for Culture and Sensitivity.

It will identify causative organism and effective antibiotics against it.

You should do gurgles with warm water/Betadine gurgle, and take some anti-inflammatory analgesic.

For earache you should consult an ENT specialist, so that he can examine your ear and prescribe accordingly.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,