Having tonsil problem and due to it having sinus problem. Suggest the cure?

ENT Specialist
i have tonsil problem and due to this i am having sinus problem.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
Both may be related and require treatment.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Recurrent tonsillitis acts as an infective focus for the sinuses.

2. Sinusitis may lead to a post nasal drip of mucus, thereby leading to recurrent tonsillitis and sore throats.

3. if you have less than 5 to 6 attacks of Tonsillitis per year, a course of a broad spectrum antibiotic along with supportive medication such as anti-allergic medication, medicated gargles and regular steam inhalation will help reduce the frequency of the attacks.

4. Severe Chronic Tonsiliitis may require surgery. A plain Sinus CT may be done if medication fails to control the sinusitis.

5. There are newer surgical options such as Coablation, Radiofrequency and Balloon Sinuplasty.

I hope that I have answered your query. if you have any more questions, I will be available to answer them.