Having tiny black discharge on back and butt. What can this be?

I am having tiny blac k discharges on my back and butt
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Culture, cytology, X rays, CT scan and MRI

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank for the query,

It is important to know exactly why you are having discharges on your back. It is important to know if you have any history of back pain, weight loss, fever or any other chronic disease. I do not think multiple sclerosis is a predisposing factor, nor a cause for this.

Black discharge from the back and buttock, especially if not from the anus, would require specific tests. An A XXXXXXX of the back, a Ct scan of the spine (lumbar and sacral regions) are important to be known. A complete blood count should be done to assess specific blood cell levels in blood. This shall give an idea of whether the discharge is of infectious or of a tumoral (cancerous) origin. A sample of the discharges should be sent to the laboratory. Culture and sensitivity tests shall then be done. A direct examination of the cells form the discharge shall also have a mission identifying any possible malignant or malignant cells.

Key aspects of the medical history, a good physical examination, X rays and CT scans and MRIs could be useful in making a right diagnosis and installing an appropriate management plan. I suggest you consult your family care doctor. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you good health. Please feel free asking follow up questions in case you have specific concerns.

Dr Rogers