Having tingling sensation in hands. Got vitmain b12 checked and was too high. Reason?

Question
i got my nonfasting b12 checked as i was having tingling sensation in hands. the result was too high > 2000pg/ ml what could be the reason?
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Certain blood and liver disorders can cause it

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Usually, excessively consumed Vitamin B12 should be excreted in urine maintaining the levels in normal range 200 - 900 pg/mL.

Finding excessive Vitamin B12 is rare and is due to liver disorders and some blood disorders. However, a thorough physical examination can give a hint. Investigations like complete blood picture, liver function tests can give more idea. Please discuss these with your treating doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Having tingling sensation in hands. Got vitmain b12 checked and was too high. Reason? 22 hours later
which specialist should i consult?

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
M.D (General Medicine)

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for follow up!

Hope I have answered your query.
WWW.WWWW.WW