Having tilted cervix and sexual intercourse is painful. Feels like cervix is bruised after sex. What to do?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I have a tilted cervix. Sexual intercourse is painful in the doggie style position if my partner's penis longer than inches. Does the females reproductive anatomy eventually accommodate for length somehow or should just try and find a partner with a shorter penis? I will hurt for two days after this sexual position is performed and I feel like my cervix is bruised. Please advise.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 18 days later
Brief Answer:
Hi, Get a transvaginal ultrasound

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) There are 2 possibilities which is causing you pain. First is reduced lubrication during intercourse where body might be secreting less fluid to avoid friction and pain. Hence use lubricating jelly often while intercourse and see the difference.

2) There could be some condition in your genital tract like endometriosis or fibroid. These cause pain during intercourse in some women. Please get a transvaginal ultrasund to rule out these gynecological conditions. Often fibroid in uterus leads to tilted cervix.

3) Tilted cervix per se does not lead to the pain you are having. Please get Scan and let me know the report.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.