Having thyroid and weight increased after pregnancy. Suggest treatment

Hello doctor,

My BMI is 29, I have thyroid and my weight increased after pregnancy, I am a vegetarian and even after cutting on oily foods my weight is incresing, my bones are not as strong as they need to be a
nd when I sleep I snore and suddenly I wake up as I cannot breathe at a point...I already have sleeplessness...this is only incresing my prob plz suggest me some solution..

Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Exercise is necessary

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Endocrinology, working with an experienced Thyroid specialist. I answer on his behalf.

I assume you Hypothyroid considering your symptoms.

In hypothyroid the weight gain is mainly of fluid retention rather than fat deposition. Hence along with diet you may have to exercise well to remove the excess water accumulation and healthy weight distribution.

I suggest you to go for a brisk walk for more than 30 minutes twice every day. Also if possible do workout in gym to have a good muscle health.

Do not restrict the nutrition in excess. This may cause deficiency of important nutrients like vitamins.

Hope, I answered your query.