Having throbbing in hands, feet, ankles and arms. Taking viral and bacterial medication for meningitis. Should I worry?

Apr 2014

I have been diagnosed with meningitis (aseptic) I was on viral and bacterial medication for 21 days it ended 5 days ago. My hands, feet, ankles and arms hurt very much (throbbing when I am sitting and hurts to walk on my feet) the veins in my arms and ankles and forehead are all very blue. Is this something I should be concerned about. ( I do still have a Picc line in )
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You are perfectly alright.Don't worry at all. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are perfectly alright.You are recovering from Aseptic meningitis,so you have these symptoms and it will subside within one to two weeks. At present you should concentrate on your diet and hydration. Take rest,nutritious diet and plenty of fluids. You should also take supplements in the form of multivitamins. You can talk to your doctor about removal of picc line. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX