Having throat spasms with burning stomach radiating to chest. What could be the reason?

ENT Specialist
Im a 40 year old female. Im having weird throat spasms since yesterday and my throat feels like its closing or like someone is choking me. I also have this burning mid- tummy pain and gurgling that radiates to my chest. Cant sleep its so scary. All my heart tests seem normal. I did just start my period so odd timing. What is this? Gastrointestinal? Cardiac? Anxiety? My BP is 99/69 on left arm and 101/67 on right. Attached below some previous results. I do have impaired LV relaxation. I dont know anything about it though.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Gastro- intestinal Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query and reports. It suggests that you may be suffering from the gastro- oesophaeal reflux disorder (GERD). Here the undigested and acid rich contents of the stomach reach the food pipe and throat to cause irritation and abnormal sensation. I would start the following line of treatment: 1. Antacid one hour before the food such as Mucain gel. 2. Lose weight, if needed. 3. Wear loose cloth around the stomach area, as tight clothing can constrict the area and increase reflux. 4. Remain upright for 3 hours after meals. 5. Raise the head of the bed 6 to 8 inches 6. Avoiding spicy food, smoking and drinking if you have. You should feel better with this list of treatment. You can consult a gastroenterologist if symptom recur to trouble you. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Regards
Follow-up: Having throat spasms with burning stomach radiating to chest. What could be the reason? 1 hour later
I can have that without heartburn?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Silent reflux Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your follow up query. For your kind information GERD may be silent and in the silent reflux you may not have the classic symptoms of GERD, such as a burning sensation in your lower chest (heartburn). That's why it can be difficult to diagnose. Wish you good health