Having throat pain and problem swallowing. Pain radiates to ear, eye and forehead on one side. Suggest?

Hi..I am having a terrible pain in my throat and feel the pain all the time when I swallow something hot & spicy. I also feel the pain when I sneeze. I could feel a ball like thing on the left side and it pains throughout on the left side into the ear, eye and the forehead. Its been almost three days till date and the pain is not subsiding at all...
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may be suffering from URTI

Detailed Answer:
Dear madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would tell you that there is a possibilty that you may be suffering from upper respiratory tract infection . Acute tonsillitis can be one thing . The thing that you feel enlarged ball like can be a swollen tonsil .

I would advise you to see an ENT specialist because throat examination is necessary to look for the exact cause . You will probably require a course of antibiotics . You are also advised to avoid spicy and hot food for the time you are suffering from infection .

Dr. Shruti