Having throat infection coming from nose. What to do?

ENT Specialist
Question
my throat has infection comes from my nose, wat do i do??
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sreenivasan Narayana 3 hours later

Your description is very short and not clear. I assume you have throat infection and you seem to think or some one has told you that the infection has come from your nose. It is not uncommon for throat infection to occur from causes in sinus and nose. Also, they could lead to constant post nasal drip or secretion.

If your source of infection is indeed your nose or sinus, they have to be treated. If it has been there for a long time then it is usually chronic sinusitis. The treatment depends on the presence of infection, extent of infection and the organisms causing the infection. You may need investigations including sometimes a CT scan to assess your condition. Treatment could include medicines and other interventions if required.

Do not get scared! I am just assuming by your description that you may be having sinusitis. Now, if you have no access to doctors at the moment, I suggest the following.

Inhale steam for two times a day for five days.
Gargle with warm water saline (salt water).
Use lozenges to decrease your soreness in throat.

If you are asking me a follow up question, please be more elaborate including mentioning the duration of your problems, the suggestions given by doctor if you have visited, number of previous similar attacks etc.

Sreenivasan

Follow-up: Having throat infection coming from nose. What to do? 43 hours later
yes, a doctor tested my throat with something and told me that i have got an infection comes from my nose, and i have been in this problem maybe more than 2 years now, and i seriously got over it, i don't know what do i do with it??
and the doctor gave me fess nasal spray, but i don't want spray and tablets, i don't like the spray, so see if there is another thing instead of the spray that but tablets or medicine

I am afraid there are not many options for you. You definitely need to use the spray and tablets for it to cure. To start with Inhale steam for two times a day for five days. Gargle with warm water saline (salt water) if you have sore throat. Use lozenges when you have soreness in throat. Continue doing these steps till you make up your mind to get treatment though sprays, medicines and other possible interventions including surgery if required.

If it is a two year old problem, it could be chronic sinusitis and you need a thorough investigation and appropriate intervention.

Sreenivasan