Having three pimple like lumps down in genital area. Squeezed pus from it. Worried if they are herpes?

Mar 2016

Hi ive had three pimple like lumps down in my genital area they have arrived at the same time as ingrown hairs from waxing these were hard but now ive squeezed pus out of them im woried thst they are herpes
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not Herpes. Apply Antibacterial Ointment.

Detailed Answer:

Pimples like lump around genital area are mostly caused by bacterial infection in association with sweating, tight underwear, ingrown hair, hormonal imbalance with progesterone deficiency, allergic reaction to certain stuffs like chemical cosmetic/ bath products etc.

Above features are not suggestive of genital herpes as it is extremely painful. Also you have not mentioned any abnormal vaginal discharge.

TREATMENT: I treat my patients with anti-bacterial ointment like neosporin or bacitracin. You must clean the area with anti-bacterial soap before applying the ointment. Kindly, procure a complete prescription from your treating doctor.

Do not squeeze the pimples and it will automatically burst out. You can wash the area with warm water or give hot compression after genital shaving to prevent future recurrence. Taking sitz bath with Epsom salts can sooth, cleanse and even help to dry a pimple in the genital area.

Hope, above said information is sufficient & very much helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health and take care yourself. Maintain your genital hygiene well.

Dr Soumen