Having testicle pain and lower abdominal pain. Ultrasound showed normal. What should I do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello, I have been having testical pain in my right testical. I went to the emergency room last night and they did a ultrasound, and everything cam back normal. I'm still having some pain and some lower adbnomal pain, what should i do???
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The soreness of your right testicle can be due to-
1. Epididymitis- Inflammation of epididymis.The most common cause of epididymitis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) such as gonorrhea or chlamydia.At your age it is often because of enlargement of the prostate gland. This would have been ruled out on an ultrasound scan.
2.Orchitis (inflammation of the testicle): This inflammatory condition of the testicle generally occurs because of an infectious process. Antibiotics are needed for the treatment.
3.Testicular tumor: A tumor rarely causes testicular pain. It is important to conduct regular self-examinations of the testicles to locate any lumps or masses, as early detection improves the prognosis for testicular cancer.
An examination by a surgeon can only rule out the above conditions and then suggest you the related treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.