Having testicle pain. Semen analysis done. Could it be chronic epididymitis?

Urologist
Question
I have a pain in the left testicle which was thought (but not confirmed) to be Chronic epididymitis. I still have pain ongoing. since more than two years. three month ago I made a semen analysis and the count came at 80m last week one came 2.5m only! what is going on? could it be a blockage or what could result in that big drop from normal to almost nothing.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Dear Sir,

It is very difficult to exactly pinpoint the cause of such drastic fall in sperm count. It is highly unlikely that chronic epididymitis involving only one testis shall cause it.

You need to repeat your semen analysis when in the pink of health. You should have minimum of 3 days of abstinence and maximum of 5 days. You need to get back to us with repeat semen analysis. There is always a chance that last time when you had the semen analysis it was one of the bad days and this scenario is pretty common wth semen analysis.

Hoping to hear from you. All the best.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Having testicle pain. Semen analysis done. Could it be chronic epididymitis? 11 hours later
Here in canada they don't seem to be able to understand or diagnose the problem. the doctors will see you for 10min not enough to understand and study the situation let along giving a diagnosis. next urologist appointment is 10months away I booked it 3 month ago! shit! (I cant say more than that )
To the point.. Is there a Fertility renters in the US that you can recommend to me? I'm willing to take a vacation and go visit and get them to study my case and provide diagnosis.
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 17 hours later
Dear sir,

Don't despair. Repeat your semen anlysis after 3 weeks and then get back to me. Maybe you don't require any treatment.

All the best.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel