Having tension headaches. Tender neck, light headedness, tingling in arm, nausea. Should I be worried?

General Surgeon
Hi. I have had a constant dull headache for over two weeks. I went to see my GP and he said it was Tension Headaches. I went and got a remedial massage which helped only slightly, and my neck (right at the top where I imagine it joins the skull) is very tender. I am feeling light headed at times and have few tingles in my arm and today slight nausea. I am a bit of a hyperchondriact, but I am really starting to worry that its something serious.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 2 hours later

Anxiety, mental tension may be responsible for headache.

Common causes of head ache like error of refraction [vision problem], raised blood pressure etc. to be ruled out.

As you are having tenderness at cervical spine please get check up done with orthopedic surgeon to rule out any cervical spine problem that may give rise to the complaints you are suffering from.

Do not worry.

Hope you soon be all right.