Having symptoms of diarrhea, head fog, tiredness, recurrent thrush. Is this candida or yeast infection?

I have been having symptoms of diarrhoea (daily), head fog, tirdness, and recurrent thrush since April. I started seeing a Health Kinesologyist to see if it could help with the symptoms. She said I have candida overgrowth & I have elimated yeast from my diet and symptoms have improved. Should I go to the GP and possibly go on a course of anti-fun gals? Thank you
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your question,
diarrhoea, tiredness and thrush especially require a careful consideration. There are conditions that must be excluded. These include chronic diseases and immunosuppressive diseases. The commonest of these diseases are Diabetes, Cancers and HIV AIDS. It shall be worthwhile having these tests run.
A careful physical examination by your physician is going to direct the tests that shall be asked. Running a complete blood count shall give an idea of the hemoglobin level, which could explain anemia or not. A stool examination, culture and anti body sensitivity tests shall tell us exactly the germs involved and the drugs that shall be suitable to treat them.
I suggest you visit, for a start, your proper evaluation and management.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Having symptoms of diarrhea, head fog, tiredness, recurrent thrush. Is this candida or yeast infection? 3 minutes later
Thank you for your advice. I shall make an appointment with my GP.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 minutes later
Thanks for your response and just the best of health.
Luchuo, MD.