Having symptoms like painful intercourse, burning and vaginal redness. What does these symptoms indicate?

Symptoms are painful intercourse, burning, vaginal redness
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answer is elaborative

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

Burning and vaginal redness could be because of local infection like vaginitis, cervicitis etc.

Therefore, to my mind, a gynaecological examination can detect such issues by local examination

Your gynaecologist might advise blood tests like differential count, total leucocyte count; and possibly, if needed, vaginal swab testing as well to confirm the diagnosis

Till such time I would suggest to remain away from masturbation / sexual intercourse or any genital manipulation

Hope this helps