Having symptoms like brain fog, excessive thirst, frequent urination, shortness of breath and fatigue. Suggestions

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2013
Sep 2013

Question
my symptoms are brain fog, especially after exercise, excessive thirst, frequent urination, shortness of breath, extreme soreness after exercise, fatigue, low libido. testosterone was 676 and diabetes has been ruled out.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 9 hours later
Thanks for posting question here.
Pyloric stenosis is nothing to do with your exercise. So doesn’t worry about that.
When any one does exercise or hard work the demand of oxygen increases, why?
I will try to explain you.
We require calories for our daily work even as bathing eating etc.
More work, more calories.
Nature of work is hard as in your case (exercise), more calories.
Glucose is the source of energy (calories) in our body.
To XXXXXXX this demand glucose breaks down into acid (lactic).
Hard work (EXERCISE) increases the demand of oxygen in body.
When proper demand of oxygen is not completed than there is acute hypoxia i.e. less oxygen in body.
If oxygen is less than only vital organ receive oxygen and brain is one of them.
Less oxygen in brain, than there is impaired judgment (fog as you said in your query).
Diminished oxygen supply causes local vasodilatation.
This increases cardiac output, so increases heart rate (rapid breathing and heart rate as in your case).
That's why heart patients not allowed doing hard exercises.
Oxygen is towards brain, so less oxygen to lungs.
If less oxygen in lungs respiration rate will increase to XXXXXXX the demand of oxygen ( i.e. breathlessness as in your case).
When rapid respiration, exhalation of carbon dioxide, that is also XXXXXXX ( respiratory alkalosis).
Lactic acid due to exercise produces acidosis hence fatigue and soreness are there.
Due to exercise sweating is there, so loss of water, hence feeling of thirst.
Frequent urination due to anxiety of breathlessness, however less volume of urine is there.
Your testosterone level is normal (250-950 ng/dl)
As far as libido please consult a psychiatrist for this.

For compensation of oxygen demand you have to increase hemoglobin level and R B Cs in blood with the help of a hematologist.
If you will keep regular exercises that will increase stamina and immunity.
Hope I have answered all your queries.
If any further question I will be happy to help.
Good luck.
Dr. HET

Follow-up: Having symptoms like brain fog, excessive thirst, frequent urination, shortness of breath and fatigue. Suggestions 3 hours later
my rbc levels were 99, so I don't think that is the reason for brain fog, or shortness of breath

Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 25 minutes later

Normal count of R B Cs in an adult is 5.5 -6.7 million/cmm.

Now you mentioned that your RBC level is 99, so please clarify the same. If possible, attach the report with query.

After get through complete report, I would be able to clear whether fog & breathlessness were due to which reasons.

Hope I have answered your query.

If further, any question I will be happy to help.

Good luck, enjoy exercise, and increase stamina.

Dr. HET

Follow-up: Having symptoms like brain fog, excessive thirst, frequent urination, shortness of breath and fatigue. Suggestions 11 hours later
i'm sorry i meant my oxygen saturation in blood was 99%.

Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 39 minutes later

Your query was that brain fog and shortness in breath were due to Oxygen level? XXXXXXX arterial saturation greater than 90% are maintained and in your case, this is 99% hence no way to produce brain fog or breathlessness.
It means good news for you that you are absolutely fir for exercises and keep it up.
Reasons for brain fog & shortness of breath I have already mentioned.
Hope I have answered your question up to your satisfaction.
Good luck.
Dr. HET