Having symptoms acne, constipation and severe fatigue. Found serum cortisol. Can I use progesterone cream?

symptoms acne constipation and severe fatigue. After physical activity cleaning whole house or working in hospital for the day I can not function for 36 hours and just sleep. I have found serum cortisol in am at 26. I feel hypothyroid. Saliva progesterone low and serum progesterone at 0.2. I need information regarding using progesterone cream 13-28 day to counterbalance the cortisol
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Yes, you can use progesterone(bio identical) cream from 12th day after your menstruation cycle to 28th day twice a day initially with 7 day gap after it to counterbalance the effect of cortisol. You can apply it on skin of inner side of thigh, upper chest or even on face in the morning, Than it can be applied once in a day when effect get established.
If you are not menstruating use for 21day then gap for 1 week.
You should not use any drug for thyroid problem because progesterone counterbalance the sluggish activity of the thyroid also and it will balance your oestrogen level also.
Hope I have answered your query If you have further questions I will be happy to help you.