Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?

Question
RECENTLY NOTICED THAT MY TESTICALS HAVE DOUBLED IN SIZE AND THAT THE SWELLING IS ALL BUT COVERING THE HEAD OF MY PENIS MAKING IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO URINATE. I ALSO FIND THAT THE STREAM IS WEAK AND DIFFICULT TO DIRECT.INTO THE TOILET. COULD THIS BE A SIGN OF CANCER? I FEEL NO PAIN BUT MY TESTICALS STRETCH DOWN TO THE TOILET'S WATERLINE. I AM 85 YEARS OF AGE THANK YOU XXXX
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get consulted and examined by a urologist Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much fo rthis query. I am so sorry to hear about what you are experiencing. I hope we get to identify the cause and get this swelling addressed fully. Every swollen testicles is considered cancerous until proven otherwise. This means that each time the testicles are bigger than normal, they must be completely evaluated for the possibility of a cancer. It does not mean that all swollen testicles are caused by cancer but that it is what a doctor should not miss because early diagnosis is important to treat completely. For this reason, I am suggesting that you get consulted and evaluated by a urologist. depending on the findings, more tests like ultrasound or scans can be requested to completely understand the cause of this swelling. I hope this addresses your query and guides you on how to approach this problem. Thank you for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of possible outcomes. Thanks. Dr. Ditah MD