Having swollen lymph nodes in the neck. Done with FNAC test and showed TB lymphadenitis. Taking forecox. Treatment?

i have swollen lymph nodes in the neck and FNAC test done and result is TB lymphadenitis. As per doctor's prescription I am taking Forecox, 2 tablets empty stomac and liv-52 two times. Now after one 10 days of medication, swelling of lymph nodes is increased and have pain too. Is that means the treatment is not working?
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No. This is a normal finding.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The medicine that you have been prescribed is correct. It is common to have an aggravation of the symptoms initially after starting the treatment. This is not suggestive of a treatment failure.
The symptoms will gradually subside in next two weeks. Do continue with the treatment as prescribed.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having swollen lymph nodes in the neck. Done with FNAC test and showed TB lymphadenitis. Taking forecox. Treatment? 42 hours later
Thank you for the reply.

I am having head ache at a particular spot on top of my head. It is felt only on touching and it is very severe pain. Is it side effect of forecox?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to the side effect.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
The headache could be due to the side effect of the medicine that you are taking or due to tension, anxiety, decreased fluid intake or hypertension. You can take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen for relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.