Having swollen lymph node in jaw line, shoulder, red freckles on upper arms and lower back pain. What could be the cause?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have a swollen lymph node in my jaw line, one in shoulder, and a shorty node on neck, red freckles on uper arms, lower back pain, no fever what could cause this to happen?
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some clarifications

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way.

1. Do you have sore throat or cough.
2. Other than back ache do you have any body ache
3. How long are you having these symptoms?

Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards and wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Having swollen lymph node in jaw line, shoulder, red freckles on upper arms and lower back pain. What could be the cause? 2 minutes later
Just the lower back pain, and when I pee my penis burns sometimes. Also I went to the hospital for abdominal pain and pain in my testicles

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
Your symptoms of multiple lymphnodes, burning urine, red freckles on upper arm all suggest that you have a viral infection. All viral fevers do not produce fevers. You should go ahead and take a complete blood count test.
This will need you to drink plenty of water, and take some rest.
If it persists then you will have to take an antibiotic such as cefexime.
There are other causes as well for the lymphnodes enlargement but unless they are for long, you need not worry from now on.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Having swollen lymph node in jaw line, shoulder, red freckles on upper arms and lower back pain. What could be the cause? 9 hours later
what kinda of viral infection are you talkng about, also I did have blood work done all came back normal, also I did 4 oraquick hiv swap test all came back negative (8weeks).

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infectipus mononucleosis

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up query.

The viral infection that I had in mind was the infectious mononucleosis caused by lymph node involvement with fatigue and other vague symptoms.

It is a transient illness and will recover with time and rest.

Its good that you have got HIV test done and that it has come negative.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Having swollen lymph node in jaw line, shoulder, red freckles on upper arms and lower back pain. What could be the cause? 3 hours later
does epstein-barr virus cause diarrhea and stomach pain

Brief Answer:
Yes it can

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up query.
Yes it can. Basically when there is a viral infection in the body lot many systemic inflamatory molecules are released and they can affect many organs.
Dr. Srikath Reddy