Having swollen lymph node and penis pain after having rough sex. What is causing this?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Had 4 days of frequent rough of sex that left an excrutiating pain above the base of my penis. No bruising was evident but any pressure would cause me to nearly double over in pain. During the 4 days I naired my genitals removing all hair. The 5th day after no sex the lymph nodes began to swell and become painful. Three days after the rough sex just where my hair was growing back at the base of my penis and just barely on the shaft soars or blisters appeared that itched like crazy if they were popped but otherwise were little discomfort. After soaking the hairline area in a mild bleach bath for several days the blister, soars went away and did not return. The lymph nodes continue to swell and become more uncomfortable along with the excruciating pain at the base of penis. Any ideas what could be happening?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Your frequent sex is with a same girl or with multiple contacts?
If it is with a single girl, do you know her sexual activities?

Your complaints do not seem to be due to any STDs. The pain over the penis will become alright with few days of abstinence. It may be due to congestion or contusion.
Blisters and sores may be due to hair folliculitis. The lymph node enlargement indicates that still you are having some infection. A STD called Lymphogranuloma venereum can manifest with lymph node enlargement without an ulcer. But it is rare to be seen nowadays.
It is better for you to consult a Dermato-venereologist or a Genito-urinary physician and with his guidance you can have investigations and treatment.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan.

Follow-up: Having swollen lymph node and penis pain after having rough sex. What is causing this? 10 hours later
Yes it was with the same partner. She claims she has been checked and found clean. Could the lymph nodes swell simply from the trauma to that region? Also I put the portion in there about XXXXXXX simply because I tried it on my back before and broke out with giant pimple/boil thing that's why I attempted to upload a picture and ask if it . Could just be an allergic reaction.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 12 hours later

Welcome back.

As you had sex with same partner, about whom you know better, then the chances of getting STD/HIV are blink. Simple trauma alone will not cause lymph node enlargement.
Associated some sort secondary infection, like folliculitis, could be the possibility.
If the lymph node swelling persists and painful, it is better for you to consult your doctor and he/she will help you and treat the same.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan