Having swollen labia, ffelling lumpy and itchy. Feel very uncomfortable. What can this be?

my labia is swollen ,lumpy stiff slightly itchy, and very uncomfortable sitting as well as walking. what is this!
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 58 minutes later

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Considering your age and diabetic status it could be labial infection, may be due to folliculitis. But, as you are complaining of itching, the possibility of VULVAL DYSTROPHY / pre-malignant condition of vulva which is common in your age group (rare cause) needs to be excluded at priority. Therefore it's better to get evaluated by a qualified gynecologist.

Besides that, other uncommon conditions are bartholian gland infection / vaginitis. Your gynecologist will know about these conditions.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case you need further information, I will be available for follow-ups.

Wish you good health.
Dr Arif