Having swollen face, lips and rashes on trunk, abdomen and arms. What could this be?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My granddaughter presented with a swollen face, lips, even around her eyes; no problems breathing & a fine rash covering her trunk, abdomen, arms. The rash is very red in the armpits, inside elbows & on wrists. No known allergies. Symptoms presented approximately 3 hours ago. No sore throat, or fever. Benadryl hasn't helped the swelling or rash. She is 3 years old. I have a picture of her face and the rash if that would help; I can send it to you.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: looks like urticaria Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. From your pictures I presume your daughter has urticaria . This can be due to allergic, viral, temperature change induced etc. You can start ranitidine 10 mg thrice daily , prednisolone syrup 5mg twice daily for 3 days. Continue benadryl or atarax allergy suspension. It should setlle down in a couple of days. If not consult your local physician. Regards Dr Arun