Having swollen and numb leg, pain in neck and back. Spotting after having sex. What treatment should be done?

Critical Care Specialist
My feet and legs have been swollen for about a month. Every time I got the swelling to go down, within a couple of hours they would swell right up again. Along with this, my Middle Toe on the Left foot is numb, and my feet have been warm to the touch, and redenned. I'm also having pain in my neck, back of my left shoulder, and my last two fingers on my left hand are numb. my shoulder blade feels like it's on fire. Like there's an electrical storm in my rear left shoulder. Can you tell me what this could be? They seem to have been occurring for about the same length of time.
My left Shoulder Blade feels like it's on fire at time. I've also been having spotting / bleeding a couple of days after having sex. It's happened 3 times now, except this last time I've been spotting for 31 days straight. I had a cone biopsy after a Cancer Scare a Year ago. Are all of these things related together?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ninder S Chawla 2 hours later

Your symptoms are suggestive of fibromyalgia. There is body pain, tenderness in muscle, joint, back and soft tissues. Usually, investigations and blood test would be normal with it. But we would like to run some labs to rule out other conditions:
•     Complete blood count
•     Chest x XXXXXXX PA view
•     Ultrasound of the abdomen
•     MRI cervical spine with whole spine screening

The treatment should focus on the following:
•     Relief of the pain and better sleep and relaxation
•     Physical exercise and fitness plans
•     Stress release management like soft massage
•     Running
•     Antidepressant treatment s.o.s
•     Muscle relaxants
•     Pain killers
•     Cognitive behavioural therapy

Follow-up: Having swollen and numb leg, pain in neck and back. Spotting after having sex. What treatment should be done? 1 hour later
what does CBT have to do with Fibromyalgia? These symptoms are new to me, and I was diagnosed with FMS 10 + years ago. I already take antidepressents, (Zoloft 200 mg h.s.) Do you think this could be caused by RSD. I was diagnosed 5 years ago /w Central Canal Syndrome.
Answered by Dr. Ninder S Chawla 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
Its unlikely that the symptoms you have are due to RSD. Cognitive behavioural therapy has a role in treating fibromyalgia because it changes the way pain is perceived and interpreted.
Please see a neurologist in person.
Let me know if you have any more concerns.