Having swallowing saliva problem. Told to have nasal bone growth. What treatment to follow?

ENT Specialist
i am having a swallowing saliva problem for last 15 days i saw an ENT doctor about this it is due to nasal bone growth and the cold is entering into throat and having repeated infections. i am not having any difficulty on the nasal side.i don't want to have an operation so please suggest me treatment
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: PND, Medication, RF, BSP Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. You seem to be having a Post Nasal Drip (PND) which infects the throat. 2. DNS (Deviated Nasal Septum) or ITH (Inferior Turbinate Hypertrophy) which is often referred to as ' nasal bone growth' is very common. 3. Request your physician to give you a two week trial with a steroid nasal spray (such as mometasone or fluticasone) and regular steam inhalation in addition to the Odimont LC tablets. 4. If there is no relief, get a plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) done. 5. Reduction of nasal turbinate hypertrophy may be now done with Radio-frequency or Coblation and this may be done on an OPD basis under local anesthesia. Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure (BSP) is also a newer option in case the Sinus CT shows chronic sinusitis. 6. You may upload your Sinus CT images for further treatment options. I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.