Having sudden stomach pain with loose motions. Suggest?

iam XXXXXXX age of 33 yrs.iam facing sudden stomach pain with loose bowl moments of 3 times around two hrs.its not watery but little hard tools
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please help me with a few answers

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.
XXXXXXX if you do not mind I need some information from you, in order to help you. When was your last meal? And did you have something to eat approximately 2-6 hours prior to the initiation of your symptoms (noting that your symptoms started about 2 hours ago, i.e. did you eat something around 4-8 hours ago)? If yes, what was it? Do you have a fever? Have you experienced such a presentation before? If yes, when and for how long has it lasted? Thank you for your co-operation and patience XXXXXXX

Based on this information, I will be able to help you out XXXXXXX Do not worry, we will find the cause for your problems at the earliest. In the meantime, please drink plenty of water as this will flush out toxins from your system, and try to buy an over-the-counter probiotic like G-NORM (capsules or sachet) or SPORLAC.

Awaiting your response my friend.

Follow-up: Having sudden stomach pain with loose motions. Suggest? 4 minutes later
i had breakfast and chicken fried rice later.after few hours i had this trouble.i feel intenstines making sound.actually i wont eat food in time evry day.some times i eat some times i dont know my actual problem
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible consumption of contaminated food

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again XXXXXXX

Was the chicken fried rice was prepared at home? And what did you have for breakfast? And was this also prepared at home?

Food that is prepared outside, might not be as hygienic as food prepared at home. Outside food can more often than not, be contaminated, resulting in infections of the gastrointestinal tract, which can present suddenly.

Usually after eating contaminated food or water, within 2-6 hours, the individual experiences symptoms of loose stool, abdominal bloating, increased gas production, nausea, fever, vomiting, general feeling of being sick, etc.

Treatment for such a condition is usually the use of antibiotic therapy, probiotics (as mentioned in my earlier response), medication to treat gas and good hydration. But you will have to visit your doctor for a prescription for the same XXXXXXX

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarification. In my opinion, you have a simple stomach infection my friend, you will have to visit your doctor.

Best wishes.