Having sudden pain in heart. Having back pain and headache. Feeling discomfort in chest. On clopidogrel and ecosprin. Need consultation?

hello doc, I'm 38yrs old and went through asd device closure for 32cm hole fifty days before. yesterday late evening I felt suddenly little pain n needle like pain in heart which becomes more when I change positions while swift walking. Later felt pain on upper left back and light headache. till now I have not resumed my usual daily working life as I was doing before surgery. if I try to work as before i start feeling discomfort in left side of chest, below ribs and feeling of sore throat sometimes. I'm on clopidogrel -75 and ecosprin-150. Do I need to consult cardiologist or these things are part of convalesce?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...You should not ignore it.
Detailed answer...
If you are having these symptoms of pain in heart on swift walking or some discomfort in your left side of chest on slightest of exertion,then it is better to be on safer side and must consult a cardiologist for proper evaluation of cause and subsequent treatment.
These symptoms can not be taken as part of normal convalescence because the symptoms are arising around two months after your surgery for ASD.
Best of luck to you.
Please revert to me for any further query.
Follow-up: Having sudden pain in heart. Having back pain and headache. Feeling discomfort in chest. On clopidogrel and ecosprin. Need consultation? 36 minutes later
thanks doc, I used to have these symptoms after surgery quite frequently. consulted my cardiologist and he told the symptoms will subside subsequently with time lapse. And yes frequency of the symptoms does lessened. for safer side my doc did echo after 15 days n a month to be confirmed. I just wanted to confirm whether it is quite serious or i should wait. i get tired usually if i do things fast. and above written symptom felt after 5 days gap
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 43 minutes later
If your cardiologist is convinced that these symptoms are not cardiac,then There should not be no reason for worry.However you must get yourself investigated for hypothyroidism,VIT D and VIT B 12 levels,so that any deficiency in these regards can be seen,as these are commonly encountered reasons for fatigue and tiredness.