Having sudden choking sensation. Suspecting Lyme disease. Suggest the test to rule our Lyme disease

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi Dr
Please see my medical history below.
Currently I am having sudden choking sensation even while I am not eating/drinking anything. Feels as I am choking on my saliva. Can't swallow it properly.
The issue is it happens out of the blue and is very disturbing .

Could be it be anxiety related or do I need to get any more investigations done.
I am suspecting lyme disease as I checked on internet and symptons match. Is there a test to rule out/diagnose lyme

Are there any coping mechanism to ease these symptoms.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Visvanathan K 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You will require further tests and a clinical exam

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for the question. The symptoms you report need further evaluation, firstly by a Neuro-Specialist and secondly with an imaging, possibly MRI of the brain and CV junction. I am not an expert on Lyme disease and would not be fair to answer either way. However, you will definitely require a detailed evaluation.

Hope this has helped. Let me know if you have more queries.

Dr Visvanathan