Having stye on upper eye lid. Growing big and painful. Warm compresses not working. What can I do?

I have a stye underneath my upper eyelid toward the inward corner of my right eye. It has been there for months and has not ruptured to drain. I had one similarly on my lower eyelid on the same eye that eventually did rupture and is now gone. But, this one seems to be growing a bit and is painful. I am certain it is a stye in comparison to the other, which was looked at by my eye doctor. However, I am unable to get in to see my doctor for two weeks and am wondering if there is anything I can do in the meantime. I know puncturing it is not advisable and warm compresses do not seem to be working. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 14 hours later

I can feel your concerns.

Mostly styes will drain and resolve on their own. But if it grows then it may need surgical drainage.

Do not press or squeeze it; otherwise infection will spread. Continue with warm compresses at least for 10-15 minutes five times a day. Take some pain killer (paracetamol). You can also use local antibiotic and steroid ointment after consulting your doctor

Hope this helps. I will be available for your help

Wishing you a speedy recovery.