Having stuffy nose, chest congestion and minor cough. Can I take cephalexin?

Have stuffy nose, chest congestion, minor cough for 6 days now. Can I take cephalexin?
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. I read your question with diligence.

Is there any fever?
Does your cough seem to arise from XXXXXXX inside of chest?
Do you bring yellow colored phlegm?
Are you having breathlessness?

If the question to any of the question is yes, please see your doctor for a prescription is needed for antibiotics. If the answer to all the questions is no. Apparently there is no need for antibiotics as yet- a doctor can physically examine you and confirm this point. Regards
With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW