Having stressful bowel movements. Released oily substance. What can this be?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Had an incidence yesterday that has me concerned. I have had a problem having bowel movements. straining to pass and sometimes long thin movement , then constapation with hemaroids. I noticed that one side felt larger than the other. Until yesterday when an oily substance almost clear with watery excrement. Had no control over it's release. What a mess, it's a good thing I wasn't in public at the time. The hemorrrhoid seems to have vanished since the substance drained. Concerned because had total hystorectomy for cancer. I have colonoscopys every 3 to 5 years. Had one and a half years ago and all was fine. Any idea what's going on. O, i'm 65 .
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 hours later

Thanks for writing in

Your information is suggestive of thrombosis

It would have been a lot of straining which would have caused XXXXXXX bleeding inside the hemorrhoid mass

Was the swelling painful and tender ?
Also even if it ruptures spontaneously there would be some clots and/or brownish fluid

Clear oily substance is one thing which goes against my impression

Keep a watch and if anything reoccurs do write back with an image if possible

Till then add a probiotic and sitz bath both twice a day and see how you feel

Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead