Having strange taste and sort of numbness in mouth. What could this be?

ENT Specialist
I have had a strange taste in my mouth for a few days and sort of a numbness to it what could this be?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 5 hours later
Strange taste in mouth just for few days without any history of trauma or surgery could be because of some food or reflux i.e. acidity.
But numbness should not be there.
You must consult an ENT specialist and get yourself examined for facial nerve.
Get your ears examined.
If this numbness persists for long then you may need to get done CT scan, to rule out any mass inside pressing over the nerve.
Also important is that you do not have nasal disease and if feels like having nasal blockage then need to get treated and if required, after examining you, CT scan can be advised.
I am stressing over a scan because there could be a lesion which is presenting with such numbness and loss of taste sensation so you get yourself examined, and if required you can discuss with us.

Get well soon.