Having stomach pain that feels like hunger. Tried TUMS with no help. How to relieve the pain ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have stomach pain that feels like I am hungry and the pain is uncomfortable
its afeeling that peaks and decilnes but always feels like i'm hungry although I eat it does not satisfy the pain, I've tried TUMS and no help..what could it be and how can I help releive the pain
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The uncomfortable that you are having even after having food can be indicative of peptic ulcer or diabetes.
Peptic ulcers can be caused by infection by bacteria called Heliobacter pylori or by excessive use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen. One of the most telling signs of a peptic ulcer is a constant, gnawing hunger, which often occurs several hours after eating.
If you have diabetes, your body may be starved of energy, which will make you feel hungry even after eating.
Seek medical advice for appropriate investigations to find out the cause if symptoms persist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.