Having stomach pain, tender breast. Found tampon stuck. Should I be concern?

Question
Hi, I went to the doctors yesterday so see what was wrong with me I had very sore stomache pain, breast tenderness and awful pain as well, as I went to the doctors they lady found a tampon stuck. And im still in bad pain what may happen now?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

Tampon if left behind can get infected and lead to the symptom like you have.

The generalized fatigue and the gastric upset could be secondary to the infection caused by the tampon.

Since the tampon is removed, you can take Ibuprofen for period of three days to get rid of the symptoms you have.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Having stomach pain, tender breast. Found tampon stuck. Should I be concern? 5 minutes later
so would I have to go back to the doctors? as im feeling really weak and no energy or anything

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

No, there is no need for you to visit your doctor again.

You can take Tab Motrin 400mg twice daily for three days and also consume energy drinks to maintain energy levels and hydration.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.