Having stomach pain after mild alcohol consumption. Am I having liver problem?

I have stomach pain for 4 months. Left side about three fingers below last rib. It goes away if i abstain from alcohol, it aggravates next day after mild alcohol consumption. I find it easier to lie down than sit in office chair.. Does this mean a liver problem?
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 6 hours later

Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX

Pain on left side of upper abdomen can be related to stomach, spleen, pancreas, kidneys and sometimes liver as well. Usually pain due to liver is in mid upper or right upper abdomen.

You should see a physician for further evaluation of the pain. You may require an ultrasound examination, upper GI endoscopy, few blood tests like haemogram and liver function test. Based on the results of these tests further evaluation or treatment can be done.

Hope my suggestions help you.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal