Having stomach pain. Ultrasound showed tiny stone in urethra. What treatment is required?

hi , yesterday earlier morning i had sudden urge to urinate but couldnot pass urine and then i got pain on the left side .after taking painkiller pain subdided for 2-3 hours and came back .i have never experinced such severe pain earlier , i also took noroflox 400 thinking its a urine infection . when to see gynae and she asked me to ultra sound n blood n urine tests . the radiologist told me there is a tiny stone in urethra . today the exact report says left mild hydroureteronephrosis with 4mm calculus just proximal to vesicoureteric junction .after medicines and drinking lots of fliud im able to urinate normally but the pain is not going . will stone flush out , till when will pain remain
Posted Sat, 1 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 21 minutes later

A 4 mm calculus at vesicoureteric junction it is very likely to pass off on its own.You just need to keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water (4-5 litres daily). Vesicoureteric junction is almost the last location where stones get stuck. It is very unlikely for stones of such size to remain stuck and need any intervention. The pain will remain as long as the stone stuck. In most patients pain can be reviewed by use of analgesic and spasmolytics. Please speak with your physician and get a prescription for the pain killer medications. This should significantly help.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.

Follow-up: Having stomach pain. Ultrasound showed tiny stone in urethra. What treatment is required? 2 days later
i think the stone has flushed two days back as no pain anymore , but i got really bloated and swollen up in the past few days my weight has gone up by 5 kilos in the last week .
i have been drinking a lot of water and i am urinating a lot also but water retention is still there .
also ultra sound had showed that in left ovary i have a 3.5cm cystic lesion , which the radiologist had told me that it doesnt seem to be a problem with it , it will go away with medication
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 21 hours later

Thanks for follow up question.

If pain has resolved then it's very likely that stone has flushed off.If you want to confirm this you can get a sonography done.

For water retention you can either let water wash off slowly and naturally or you can take help of diuretics to clear it.If by any chances the weight gain persists then you will have to check for kidney function.In my view this should resolve on it's own.

I do agree with radiologist regarding ovarian cyst.Cysts of this size do resolve on their own with or without medications.

Hope this answers your question.